Chocolate for dinner you say? Here's one way you can enjoy it, whilst keeping your dinner healthy and savoury! This Bean Chilli with Walnuts & Chocolate from Mr Organic is the perfect winning dinner for the whole family. Serve with tortillas, rice and/or veg for a full delicious meal!
Give this recipe a try to see for yourself what a winning combination chocolate & chilli is (and have the rest of the chocolate for dessert of course!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 fresh chili, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bell pepper, red & yellow, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large stalks of celery with top greens, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (150 g) raw walnuts, very finely chopped
- ½ pack Mr Organic Five Beans Mix
- 1 tin Mr Organic plum tomatoes
- 120ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 60ml Mr Organic balsamic vinegar
- 30g 80% dark chocolate, broken in pieces
For serving (optional):
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 corn tortillas, toasted
- Start by preparing all vegetables.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin, chilli, paprika and oregano, and let fry for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spices smells fragrant. Be careful so they don’t burn.
- Add bell pepper, carrot, parsnip and celery, let cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add walnuts, beans, tomatoes, water and salt and let cook for 30 minutes more.
- Now add vinegar and chocolate, stir around carefully and let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of yogurt, fresh cilantro, lime and toasted corn tortilla.
Recipe thanks to Mr Organic.