Seed and Bean, the chocolate that cares.
Accredited as the most ethical chocolate producer in Britain*, we are firm believers that a little Tender Love and Care goes a long way. That’s why right from day one, we’ve made it our ethos to create the most ethical, sustainable and delicious British chocolate. From conception to consumption, each and every bar of Seed and Bean chocolate has been treated with uppermost care throughout its life journey so that we can ensure that we give you the very best.
2. It’s not about only looking after what you eat, but also looking after those who source it and where it came from- which is why we make sure to use Fairtrade approved suppliers where we can, with 16 of our bars being Fairtrade certified. That way we know that those who source all the the deliciousness that we put into our bars, are also well looked after. As they say, it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey!
3. Finally, it’s all about compostable caring! After enjoying that cocoa goodness, we like to ensure that the environment is taken care of too. That means making sure that each individual wrapper is FULLY compostable. So not only is the outer paper layer recyclable, our inner foil is made from Natureflex™, a specially sourced, flexible cellulose film which is made from eucalyptus wood pulp! This can simply be disposed of in your home compost bin. It is by using these all natural ingredients, that make the entire packaging of our bars naturally, recyclable! Quite a mouthful we know!
We are the only chocolate brand to have scored a perfect 100 ECI, receiving top marks across all ethical categories.
Did You Know?
1. Fairtrade aims to support farmer and worker communities by promoting a certain standard of living and better working environments in some of the poorest parts of the world that are often exploited. As they say, it’s the little things that show you care. Just like we take care in the production of each and every bar of Seed and Bean chocolate, we also like to give back and be the chocolate that cares to make a difference. Look for the mark on some of our wrappers.
2. Behind every bar of chocolate there are globally six million people who depend on growing cocoa for their livelihoods?
The Fairtrade ethos aims to provide small-scale farmer organisations with more stable incomes and ensure decent working conditions so that they and their families can plan for better futures. It is then the producers themselves who decide how the Fairtrade Premiums should be invested; whether it’s on in better schooling, transport, healthcare or equipment. Tasting sweeter already?
3. Don’t just take our word for it, with Fairtrade Minimum Price, all prices and costs are carefully audited and monitored by FLO-Cert who ensure that all production is sustainable and safeguarded from market fluctuations allowing for stable incomes and price protection for farmers and workers.
4. The Fairtrade Premium is an additional sum of money, the highest among ethical products, invested into a communal projects farmers and workers choose themselves to improve income, buy farming equipment or for healthcare and education. That means that with every Fairtrade bar of Seed and Bean chocolate, you really are helping to improve the lives of cocoa farming communities.