Seed and Bean, the chocolate that cares.
How do we do this you may ask?1. We’ve all heard that organic products are best and it’s no myth. Organic foods have been proven to have higher nutritional value than those same products that are not organic. This is usually down to the extra agricultural care taken and freeness from chemicals. And because we care and know that goodness comes from within, we ensure that ALL the ingredients we use in our wildly delicious flavours are organic!
2. It’s not about only looking after what you eat, but also looking after those who source it and where it came from- which is why we make sure to use Fairtrade approved suppliers. That way we know that those who source all the the deliciousness that we put into our bars, are also well looked after. As they say, it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey!
3. Finally, it’s all about compostable caring! After enjoying that cocoa goodness, we like to ensure that the environment is taken care of too. That means making sure that each individual wrapper is FULLY compostable. So not only is the outer paper layer recyclable, our inner foil is made from Natureflex™, a specially sourced, flexible cellulose film which is made from eucalyptus wood pulp! It is by using these all natural ingredients, that make the entire packaging of our bars naturally, recyclable! Quite a mouthful we know!
We are the only chocolate brand to have scored a perfect 100 ECI, receiving top marks across all ethical categories.
The Circle of Life: how our Compostable Caring Contributes
We are also proud advocates of Fairtrade and making the world a better, more equal place. Whilst you may be all too familiar with Fairtrade, or you just know that as the name implies, it’s about ‘fairness’ in trading… We thought we’d give you some food for thought with some Fairtrade facts. So the next time you indulge in some of our luscious chocolate, it may just taste that little bit sweeter!
Did You Know?
1. Fairtrade aims to support farmer and worker communities by promoting a certain standard of living and better working environments in some of the poorest parts of the world that are often exploited. As they say, it’s the little things that show you care. Just like we take care in the production of each and every bar of Seed and Bean chocolate, we also like to give back and be the chocolate that cares to make a difference.
2. Behind every bar of chocolate there are globally six million people who depend on growing cocoa for their livelihoods?
The Fairtrade ethos aims to provide small-scale farmer organisations with more stable incomes and ensure decent working conditions so that they and their families can plan for better futures. It is then the producers themselves who decide how the Fairtrade Premiums should be invested; whether it’s on in better schooling, transport, healthcare or equipment. Tasting sweeter already?
3. Don’t just take our word for it, with Fairtrade Minimum Price, all prices and costs are carefully audited and monitored by FLO-Cert who ensure that all production is sustainable and safeguarded from market fluctuations allowing for stable incomes and price protection for farmers and workers.
4. There are different levels of Fairtrade. At Seed and Bean, we like to take this one step further with Fairtrade Premium. This means that not only do we ensure that Fairtrade prices and wages are adhered to, under Fairtrade Premium, an additional sum of money is invested into a communal fund, again helping to improve community life. That means that with every bar of Seed and Bean chocolate, you really are helping to improve the lives of cocoa farming communities.