This site is owned and operated by The Organic Seed and Bean Company Ltd. of 1 Brunel Court, Brunel Road Earlstrees Industrial Estate Corby, Northamptonshire NN17 4UB.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Organic Seed and Bean Company Ltd.
What personal data is being collected and why?
1. While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you, including but not limited to your name, office postal address, email address, and employer. We collect this personal information for the purpose of providing the service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving our service.
2. When signing up to our website, we may collect your name, postal address and email address. This is for the purpose of providing our service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving our service. We may also collect information about your usage of the Website and information about you from the messages you send to us. This information is again collected for the purpose of providing our service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving our service.
3.When signing up to receive email communications from us we collect your name and email address with your explicit consent. This personal information is collected for the purpose of serving you the requested emails and ensuring that they are personal and relevant.
What is the legal basis for processing activities?
1. If you are using our service as a customer or have signed up to our website, then the following legal bases apply:
GDPR Article 6 (1) (f) ‘processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party except where such interest are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of the personal data’
PECR citation 22(3) ‘A person may send or instigate the sending of electronic mail for the purposes of direct marketing where—
(a)that person has obtained the contact details of the recipient of that electronic mail in the course of the sale or negotiations for the sale of a product or service to that recipient;
(b)the direct marketing is in respect of that person’s similar products and services only; and
(c)the recipient has been given a simple means of refusing (free of charge except for the costs of the transmission of the refusal) the use of his contact details for the purposes of such direct marketing, at the time that the details were initially collected, and, where he did not initially refuse the use of the details, at the time of each subsequent communication.
2. If you have signed up to receive emails from us then the following legal basis applies:
GDPR Article 6 (1) (a) ‘the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes’
Who will the personal data be shared with?
How long will personal data be retained?
1. If you are a customer or have signed up to our service via our website, you data is kept for as long as is necessary for us to provide our services to you and as long as it is deemed as a legitimate interest. You have the right to object to the processing of your data for these purposes and are free to opt-out of direct marketing at any time.
2. If you have signed up to receive emails from us, your data is kept only for as long as we have your consent. You are free to unsubscribe from emails at any time and request your right to erasure.
Accessing your personal data
We acknowledge your right to access your personal information. You may access, update, correct or withdraw the personal information you provide to us by emailing a request to orders firstname.lastname@example.org
We sometimes use the information we collect from you to track patterns of behavior of visitors on our site. We do this by using ‘cookies’. Cookies are small piece of information that speeds up the interaction between websites and enables the system to recognize your device on future visits. Although it puts your items in to the shopping bag and remembers who you are and what you like at future visits, it does not store any details about your credit cards. At Seed & Beans we use them to simply give you as a customer a better and more personalized site experience; so you can view and edit your shopping bag and get offers that are more relevant to you.