This chocolate mousse makes the perfect palate cleanser or nourishing dessert. The melted silky smooth salted caramel chocolate blends perfectly with a ripe avocado to make the most delicious tasting mousse. It is nice and light and the freshest chocolate summer treat!
- 150g (plus a little extra to be grated on top) Seed and Bean Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 350g Vegan Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Toasted Desiccated Coconut
- Equipment – Heatproof bowl, saucepan, food processor, x6 mousse serving dishes.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put it into a heatproof bowl.
- To melt the chocolate, stand the bowl in a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring that the base of the bowl does not come into contact with the water (this is called a bain marie). Stir the chocolate occasionally. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and add it to a food processor. Add the vanilla bean paste, maple syrup, cocoa powder and cooled melted chocolate.
- Wizz the ingredients for 3 minutes until it is totally smooth.
- Add the coconut yoghurt and whizz it up again for 30 seconds, until it is combined.
- Add the mixture to the mousse serving dishes.
- Grate a little extra chocolate on top of the mousse. Top with a sprinkle of toasted desiccated coconut.
- Set the mousses in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.