This dessert was created in celebration of the raspberry summer season. A Raspberries parfait combined with Seed and Beans' Raspberry and Vanilla chocolate makes the ultimate ice cream dessert. The raspberry vanilla custard base is lightened with a meringue mix folded through. It is then set in the freezer to be sliced to serve with extra seasonal berries!
- 250g Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 400ml cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp Corn Flour
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 100g Seed and Bean Raspberry & Vanilla Creamy White Chocolate
- Equipment – 900ml loaf tin, 2 mixing bowls, saucepan, whisk and wooden spoon
- Line a 900ml loaf tin with cling film so that the cling film hangs over the edges of the tin.
Make Raspberry Topping:
- Add the raspberries and icing sugar to a small mixing bowl and mix until the raspberries have broken up.
Make Custard Base:
- Add the cream to a saucepan. Heat the cream until scalding. Take off the heat and stir through the vanilla bean paste.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks and the whites to two separate mixing bowls.
- Add the corn flour and 50g of the caster sugar to the bowl with the yolks in and whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Add the warm cream to the yolks and sugar mix and whisk to combine everything. Get a clean saucepan and add the mixture.
- Put the saucepan on a low heat and stir with a wooden spoon. Cook the custard until it has thickened and the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the chocolate and continue to stir until it has melted. Leave to one side to cool slightly.
Make Meringue Base:
- Make a meringue base by whisking the egg whites and add the rest of the 125g of caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Whisk until the mixture has reached a medium peak stage.
- Gently fold the meringue mix into the custard base.
- Add the raspberry mix to the base of the lined loaf tin. Add the parfait mixture on top of the raspberries.
- Fold the hanging cling film over and so that the parfait mixture is totally covered. Leave to set in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Bring the parfait out of the freezer 10 minutes before you want to serve it. Slice it and serve it with extra raspberries.