If you are looking for a way to impress your guests this Christmas, this is it!
"People think a star bread is difficult to make but we'll let you in on a little secret… it’s rather easy. The best thing about this recipe is the fact it’s low in sugar, but has an abundance of flavour. We are always looking for ways to make healthier desserts, and this one will be sure to impress your guests. Christmas is all about spreading the joy, and what could be more joyous than a pull apart chocolate hazelnut star bread on the middle of your Christmas spread. So easy and fun to create. Send your guests home talking about this masterpiece."
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar or inulin
- 7g yeast
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 60g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 200g almond flour
- 1 bar Seed and Bean Mandarin & Ginger Dark Chocolate
- A mix of cinnamon and sugar
- Mix warm water, inulin or sugar and yeast in a small bowl and cover with cling film and a towel to keep warm. Transfer to a nice warm spot until yeast activates and is foamy (15-20 mins).
- Melt your chocolate of choice and fold in cinnamon sugar mix
- Heat cheese and cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes on high. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and baking powder. Stir to combine
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined and until no longer sticky.
- Transfer dough to a silicone mat and chop into 4 even pieces.
- Roll one piece of dough thinly (approx into a 25cm diameter circle between 2 pieces of baking paper.} Transfer to a baking tray. Spread the chocolate cinnamon mixture thinly but generously over the whole area.
- Repeat with all pieces of the dough and stack one on top of each other pushing each layer to match the edges of the one below it. Don’t cover the top layer with chocolate
- Place a glass upside down into the centre of the dough and mark an indentation.
- Using a pizza wheel cut from the indentation line (not all the way into the centre) to the edge of the dough. Cut into 16 equal segments.
- Using two hands pick up two strips of the dough and twist away from each other then press the ends of the strips together to make the star points. Repeat with all strips to create the Star Bread shape.
- Cover and place into a warm spot and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through Dust with icing sugar when cool
Thanks to Amrita from @nut_butter_fitness for this amazing recipe!