These cookies are absolute powerhouses for several reasons - not only does the unique flavour of the Seed and Bean Lemon and Cardamom Dark Chocolate make them dangerously moreish, but it also means that the recipe requires minimal ingredients whilst producing maximum flavour.
Of course we can’t forget the key freezer hack - keeping a log of cookie dough in the freezer means that you can have fresh cookies in less than 15 minutes, and trust us when we say that they taste just as delectable baked from frozen. Once baked they will last in an airtight container for about a month, but the likelihood of them hanging around for that long seems slim!
(Makes 16-20 cookies)
- 200g Unsalted butter, softened
- 200g Caster sugar
- 2 Medium eggs, beaten
- 250g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 3 bars (255g) Seed and Bean Lemon and Cardamom Dark Chocolate, broken into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (320ºF), Gas Mark 3 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric handheld whisk until pale and fluffy then whisk in the eggs
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together and stir into the butter mix with a wooden spoon. Now add the Seed and Bean Lemon and Cardamom Dark Chocolate chunks. The mix will begin to form a dough, so it is useful to start using your hands to combine at this stage
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a sausage shape around 4 cm diameter, wrap in cling film and freeze for at least 20 minutes
- When you are ready to bake, remove from the freezer, cut into ½ cm slices and bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy hot or cooled!