If you have a sweet tooth and love that lemon zing, then this is the recipe for you. These lemon and poppyseed doughnuts are small bites of heaven and most definitely will get those taste buds tingling. The ingredients for this are simple, and nothing that you wouldn't normally have in the cupboards at home. Get creative with your doughnut decoration. Send us photos (or tag us @seedandbeanchocolates on Instagram) and enjoy.
- 1 &1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lemon extract
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt (I used alpro plain)
- 3/4 cup of soya milk
- 4tbsp melted butter (I used flora)
- 85g Seed and Bean Lemon and Poppy Seed White Chocolate
- 1cup icing sugar
- 2tbsp soya milk
- Pre heat oven to 180° and grease your donut mould.
- In a bowl mix together the self raising flour, granulated sugar, baking powder salt.
- Add lemon juice or lemon extract, plain yogurt, soya milk and melted butter. Mix until you have smooth batter.
- Put equal amounts of batter into the donut moulds and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool in the mould for 3-4 minutes then remove and place on cooling rack until cool.
- To make the icing melt the Seed & Bean chocolate by adding it to container and microwaving it in 30second increments. Add 1 cup of icing sugar and 2 tbsp soy milk. Add more milk if this is too thick.
- Once donuts have cooled dip into the icing, sprinkle on toppings and leave to set.
This recipe is thanks to Zoe, a 28 year old vegan foodie with a passion for food photography. Follow her on Instagram (@vegan.endo.mummy).