This delicious Chocolate Banana Bread is a perfect recipe to make for tea time on a Sunday afternoon. This recipe is simple and easy, and can easily be altered to suit different diets such as gluten free and vegan by substituting certain ingredients. This Banana Bread tastes even better when it is served still warm from the oven with a cup of tea.
Time: Takes around 1 hour 15 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Preparation time: 15 mins
- 2 mashed Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cups of Flour of choice ( I used Coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup of Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Milk of choice (Almond milk works best)
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup of chopped Seed and Bean Sicilian Hazelnut Dark Chocolate
For the Icing Glaze:
- 2tbsp Maple Syrup
- 6 Tbsp of Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Crushed Nuts of choice (I used crushed walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5inch loaf pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Melt 1/3 cup of coconut oil and beat together with Honey/Maple Syrup in a large bowl.
- Add the 2 eggs into the bowl. Beat well.
- Mash the two bananas in a bowl. Whisk in mashed bananas and milk into the bowl.
- Add baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Stir in flour with a wooden spoon until combined. It is fine to have some lumps at this stage!
- Chop Seed and Bean chocolate into fine little pieces. Pour into bowl. Stir into the bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into your greased pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top on cake. Use a knife to swirl cinnamon on top in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake in the oven for around 55 mins to 60 mins.
- Leave Banana bread cool for at least 15 mins.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool for a further 20 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, icing sugar and cinnamon. Whisk together until smooth.
- Once the Banana Bread has cooled. Drizzle the icing over the banana bread. Sprinkle over chopped nuts and small pieces of Seed and Bean chocolate.
- Finally, make yourself a nice cup of tea and enjoy your Chocolate Banana Bread!
Thanks to Liv for this recipe. She runs a lifestyle, food and travel page on Instagram where she promotes how to live a healthier lifestyle. Follow her Instagram @livonthestreet for more delicious recipes.