We know you all love coffee cake as much as chocolate cake as much as banana cake, so why not combine the three?
Just one look at this treat is enough to know it won't stay in the cake tin for long...
This Chocolate Espresso Banana Bread recipe from Eli Brecher (www.elibrecher.co.uk) is the perfect weekend or lunch-box treat. Find more of her recipes through her Instagram @elibrechernutrition.
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup mixed maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tbsp ground coffee granules
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- ⅔ cup Seed & Bean Espresso Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Optional: chocolate chips, for decoration
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper or a coating of coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs then add the bananas and mash until fully combined.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, ground coffee, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until a smooth batter forms, then fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour into the lined pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then allow to cool before removing from the tin and serving.