There is no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate, so why not combine them with these Chunky Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies from Meridien.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
(Makes 22 cookies)
- 120g butter
- 200g coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 250g milk chocolate roughly chopped
- 130g crunchy rich roast Meridian peanut butter
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool for a moment. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and butter, until combined. Add the egg and yolk and continue to mix.
- Fold in the flour and when combined fold in ¾ of the chocolate. Briefly stir through ¾ of the peanut butter, leaving swirls visible.
- Use a tbsp measure to scoop dollops of mixture onto 2 or 3 non-stick baking sheets, making sure you leave plenty of room for them to expand when they cook.
- Poke a clean finger into each cookie to make a well in the centre and drizzle in a little of the remaining peanut butter. Then dot a few pieces of the remaining chocolate over the top of each.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 mins until they are cooked at the edges but still soft in the middle. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a baking rack. Keep them in an airtight tin.