- 200g medjool dates (pitted)
- 45g mooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 60g oats blended to make oat flour
- ¼ cup date caramel
- 40g unsalted peanuts
- 115g 72% Extra Dark Chocolate
- Pop the dates in a bowl, cover with hot water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid off of the dates and add them to a food processor with the remaining ingredients for the caramel. Once thick and smooth, remove the date caramel from the food processor.
- Add the oat flour to the food processor (no need to rinse) with ¼ cup of the date caramel and blitz. It should form a dough that will hold together when you pinch it.
- Firmly and evenly press the oaty nougat into lined loaf tin.
- Next spread the remaining caramel over the nougat, and then sprinkle with the peanuts, making sure to press them into the caramel so they stick.
- Place this in the freezer for 60-90 minutes.
- Just before removing from the freezer, melt the chocolate in a wide bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and the tin. Use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces.
- Place each bar into the bowl of melted chocolate and using two forks, flip the bar, until it is coated on all sides. Then, place it onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 20 minutes, to allow the chocolate to harden and the ENJOY!