The texture is dreamy, and they're the perfect accompaniment to a cuppa tea.
Completely free from dairy and eggs, let us know how much you love these vegan espresso tiffins!
Makes 8 portions
Takes approx. 80 minutes
- 320g dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained)
- 100g peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder
- 25g cacao powder
- 100g crushed vegan biscuits (Luce used Tesco Oatie's)
- 60g raisins
- 60g almonds (roughly chopped)
- 170g Espresso Fine Dark Chocolate
- In a food processor blitz your drained dates, peanut butter, espresso powder and cacao powder until a paste is formed.
- Empty paste into a mixing bowl and fold in your crushed biscuits, raisins and chopped almonds.
- Line or grease a square baking tin and empty your mixture into it.
- Flatten the mixture down firmly.
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave, and then pour onto your tiffin.
- Place in fridge to set for 60 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days.