Creamy, citrusy and perfect for summer! The rich and velvety chocolate custard is flavoured with our Cornish Sea Salt and Lime Milk Chocolate to give it that punch of citrus flavour. The ginger snap biscuit base brings with it a spiced crunch, which pairs extremely well with the zesty, creamy notes. It's the kind of tart you can't have just one slice of!
For the crust:
- 150g ginger snap biscuits
- 42g salted butter (melted)
For the filling:
- 70g of granulated sugar
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30g cornstarch
- 470ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 110g Seed and Bean Cornish Sea Salt & Lime Milk Chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp of lime zest
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- A pinch of salt
For the ginger coconut crust"
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Place your biscuits in the food processor and process until finely ground. Add the melted butter and process until combined.
- Transfer to a round tart pan or a baking tray lined with parchment, and press crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake fpr 12 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove once done and set aside to cool.
For the chocolate lime filling:
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs lightly and set aside
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, corn flour and milk in medium sauce pan set at medium heat. Stir with a whisk until well combined. Continue to cook over medium heat for 8-9 minutes until thick.
- Take half cup of the hot mixture and slowly add it into the eggs while whisking them. Once fully combined, drizzle the egg mixture into the hot milk mixture while whisking the hot mixture constantly
- Bring the mixture back to a simmer over medium heat whisking constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, lime zest, ginger and pinch of salt. Strain the custard if grainy.
- Add custard into the cooled tart shell. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours until completely set.
- Remove tart from pan and slice and serve with whipped cream infused with some lime zest.