Who doesn't love the classic combination of chocolate and orange? These Jaffa Balls are a take on the traditional Jaffa Cake, with all the delicious chocolatey citrus goodness, but a healthier alternative for that afternoon treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup water, to boil
- 1 cup crushed peanuts, shelled
- 1/4 cup crushed cashews
- 50g Seed & Bean Chocolate Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice squeezed from half an orange
- Place chopped dates and water in a heavy based saucepan and simmer over low heat.
- Stir continuously, allowing the dates to break up and caramelise. Slowly bring to the boil while continuing to stir. The water should evaporate into the date mixture and form a paste.
- Add your chopped chocolate, stirring gently until melted through.
- Remove from heat and stir through vanilla extract and orange juice.
- Finally, stir through crushed nuts. If the mixture is too wet, add some more nuts, until you have a mixture that is not damp, but not crumbly.
- Roll into balls, and allow to set in the fridge for an hour. Keep in the fridge or freezer until all gone!