These vegan and gluten-free cookies are loaded with delicious chunks of Sicilian Hazelnut Dark Chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. With slightly crispy edges and a tender centre, this is what sweet dreams are made of. Chocolate and hazelnuts are always a winning combination…one that not too many can resist, and I’m sure you will fall in love with these cookies after the very first bite.
(Makes 30-35 cookies)
- 1/2 cup almond flour.
- 1/2 cup gf oat flour.
- 1/4 cup potato starch.
- 2 tablespoons flax meal (ground flax seeds).
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder.
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
- 1/3 cup natural cashew butter.
- 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 2 tablespoons any plant-based milk.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup.
- 1/3 cup of Seed and Bean Sicilian Hazelnut Fine Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks.
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 170 ºC (338 ºF) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl and using a hand whisk stir together the almond flour, oat flour, potato starch, ground flax seeds, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the coconut oil, cashew butter, sugar, milk, and maple syrup until fully combined. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula until a cohesive dough forms. Finally stir in the chocolate chunks and hazelnuts.
- Scoop around 1/2 tablespoon of dough per cookie and leave enough space between them (even though these cookies won't spread too much). Slightly flatten them with the back of a spoon and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown, check cookies halfway through the baking time to make sure they don't brown quickly.
- Let the cookies cool in the baking sheets for 5 to 8 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cold (if you can resist temptation!).
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
About the author:
Gemma is the face behind Cinnamon Girl, a food blog that focus on wholesome recipes mostly plant-based. She’s also a freelance food photographer based in Barcelona and a recipe developer for organic food brands and loves to share her passion for food and healthy living.Blog: http://cinnamongirldelights.blogspot.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cinnamongirlbcn