Who doesn't love a doughnut? Even better when they are flavoured with lemon, and coated in our Lemon & Poppy Seed White Chocolate! Organic, Fairtrade and DELICIOUS!! Perfect for treating the whole family over Easter.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Cup Ground Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 1⁄2 Tsp. Sweetener of choice
- Juice & Zest of 1 Medium Lemon
- 3⁄4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 Cup Almond Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds or Poppy Seeds
- Chia Seeds or Poppy Seeds
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon and Poppyseed Seed & Bean Chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degree Centigrade and prepare your donut moulds by coating the inside with a little oil. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and almond milk and combine to form a fairly runny mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each donut mould, filling each one half way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the donuts begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, melt a the bar of Seed & Bean White Chocolate and pour over each donut. Sprinkle with lemon zest and chia/poppy seeds and leave to set for 20 minutes.
- You can serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Note: You can use a donut maker to make these, if you have one. Simply follow the machine cooking instructions to make them.