Who wouldn't say yes to chocolate for breakfast? Give these vegan Dark Chocolate, Quinoa & Protein Muffins a try for that little bit of chocolatey morning fuel! Recipe from Auntie Yan's Kitchen.
- 100g Quinoa Powder
- 20g Chia seeds powder
- 1 scoop Vegan chocolate protein powder
- 55g Cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Can of cooked Chickpeas (Mashed)
- 70g Cocoa butter (Melted)( or other oil )
- 60g Brown rice syrup or Maple syrup
- 320ml Cashew nut milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
- 1TSP Vanilla extract
- 120g Seed and Bean Extra Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- Pinch of salt
For the Vegan chocolate ganache:
- 50g Seed and Bean Dark chocolate (chopped)
- 40g Dairy-free milk of choice
- 1Tbsp Brown rice syrup or Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line a 10-12 hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
- Mix together the Quinoa powder, Chia seed powder, Vegan protein powder, Cocoa powder, Baking powder, Bicarbonate of Soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cocoa butter, syrup, milk and vanilla. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix gently with a spatula. Fold in the chocolate.
- Divide the cake mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30mins. Allow to completely cool.
For the chocolate ganache:
- Microwave the chocolate and milk in 15 second increments (until completely melted) add the syrup and mix well.
- Allow to cool and thicken slightly before drizzling on to the muffins.