Bake to impress with these Lemon & Cardamom Biscuits. They could not be easier to make, and flavoured with our Lemon & Cardamom Dark Chocolate makes them really special. Plus, by using no eggs, butter or any dairy these are completely vegan friends - perfect for a tea time treat that everyone can enjoy!
Yield- 10 Biscuits
Prep time- 20 minutes
- 2 Cups Almond Flour/Ground Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp. Cardamon
- 1⁄2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 Cup Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1⁄4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Bar Seed & Bean Lemon & Cardamon Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees centigrade and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix almond flour, lemon zest, cardamom and baking powder; pop to one side.
- Finely chop 3⁄4’s of the Seed & Bean chocolate bar and add to the dry mixture, stir.
- Pop remaining pieces of the bar to one side.
- Add agave syrup and coconut oil and bring everything together with your hands to create a ball with the mixture.
- Wrap in clingfilm/parchment paper and pop in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the fridge and roll to roughly 1cm thick.
- Cut into biscuits, place them on your baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove, leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, melt remaining Seed & Bean chocolate and drizzle over each biscuit. Decorate with more lemon zest if you wish.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.