Picada is a Catalan-style pesto, made here with almonds, parsley, and CHOCOLATE—a surprising (but delicious) ingredient that adds a pleasing touch of bitterness to this delicious dish. Try it yourself with this recipes from Mr Organic.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed, halved, and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup rapeseed oil
- 12 peppers
- 1⁄2 cup whole almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Seed and Bean 100% Dark Chocolate
- 2 tsp. red wine
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Arrange the cauliflower wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with 2 tbsp. olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil and the garlic in a pan over medium heat. Cook until the garlic is golden, roughly 4–6 minute, then transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
- Wipe pan clean and heat the rapeseed oil over medium-high heat, then fry the chopped peppers until blistered and slightly crisp. Transfer the peppers to paper towels to drain and season with a little salt.
- Stir the almonds, 1 cup parsley, the chocolate, red wine, salt, and pepper into reserved garlic oil and spread onto a serving platter.
- Top with cauliflower, garnish with fried peppers and remaining parsley.