Banana bread and muffins in one treat?! Yes, you read that right! These fluffy, vegan muffins combine a burst of fresh raspberries, with the familiar cosy bitterness of espresso, all wrapped up in chocolately bliss. Perfect for an indulgent breakfast in bed or as part of a celebratory afternoon tea with bubbles!INGREDIENTS:
- 3 bananas
- 120ml coconut oil (melted)
- 120ml caster sugar
- 50ml soy milk
- 230ml rolled porridge oats
- 220ml plain flour
- 100g Seed & Bean Espresso Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Prepare your cup-cake baking tray with 12 muffin cases.
- In a bowl, mash bananas and mix with coconut oil and sugar until smooth, then add the milk.
- In another bowl, mix porridge oats, flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mix to he banana mix and fold until smooth.
- Fill your muffin cases up to a third (around 3 tablespoons)
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and stick 3-4 generous pieces of chocolate and 3 raspberries into the batter of each muffin.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the middle for 20 - 25 minutes and let cool slightly in the tray before transferring over to a grid.
- The muffins should feel bouncy on top, and if an inserted skewer comes out clean - then you know that your treats are ready!
The vision of Anders Kitchen is to sprinkle food inspiration and beauty all around, by sharing easy and delicious recipes created and documented by Anders himself - a self-taught home-cook, passionate baker and photographer from London. Check out @anders_kitchen on IG to immerse yourself in his food adventures!