A taste of Christmas in a biscuit. These Chocolate Ginger Biscuits can be made vegan by replacing the butter with a dairy free alternative, but either way are a delicious treat with a cup of tea.
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed (or plant based alternative)
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 100g golden syrup
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 bar of our Just Ginger Dark Chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter, sugar, fresh ginger and golden syrup and leave to cool.
- Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Gradually stir in the cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk and knead briefly to make a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls, roughly the size of a ping pong ball and put on the prepared baking trays with a couple cm between. . Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays. Meanwhile melt the chocolate gentle in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water (making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water)
- When the chocolate is melted remove the bowl from the pan and dip each biscuit in the melted chocolate then return to the trays for the chocolate to set.