"The secret to incredible brownies isn’t armfuls of ingredients or fancy techniques. It’s great quality chocolate." Gousto
These brownies are simple to make, and dairy free so suitable for anyone with a dairy allergy or anyone who is vegan. Thank you so much to Rosie, Gousto's recipe developer, for coming up with the best brownies using our chocolate.
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 25 mins
- 180g self-raising flour
- 180g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200ml soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g chopped nuts
- 1 x 85g bar of Seed & Bean vegan chocolate (we recommend sicilian hazelnut or espresso)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)
- Grease an 18x24cm tray or similar and line with greaseproof paper
- Sift flour, cocoa and sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl
- Measure soya milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract into a jug
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients in a steady stream and mix together until smooth
- Chop the Seed & Bean chocolate into chunks and stir into the batter
- Scrape out the gooey mix into your prepared tin
- Roughly chop the nuts or other topping and sprinkle them over the top
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges are firm but the centre is still molten
- Leave to cool completely in the tray and then cut into 6 or 8 pieces, depending on how generous you’re feeling.
Gousto recommend our Espresso Dark Chocolate Chocolate. You won’t taste the coffee, but the bitter notes intensify the rich cocoa aromas. Or opt for our Sizilian Hazelnut Dark Chocolate bar for a Ferrero Rocher-inspired brownies. All vegan too.