What's even better than delicious bakes? Delicious desserts and sweet treats that don't even need baking of course! These Coconut & Raspberry Squares have a oaty nutty base, a tasty coconut middle, and are topped with a sweet, fruity raspberry topping. Best of all, they are topped with our Coconut & Raspberry Dark Chocolate!
Super simple to make, these squares only need help from your fridge and freezer to set. They are perfect as a breakfast bar alternative, sweet (and healthier) treat, or an on the go snack. They can be made fully gluten free if using gluten free oats, and they are also suitable for vegans. So many bonuses here. Ready. Set. Make!
- 1⁄2 Cup Oats (use gluten free oats to make gluten free)
- 1⁄2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 10/11 Pitted Dates
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1⁄2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1⁄2 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Cups Raspberries
- 4 Tbsp. Sweetener of Choice
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 4 Pieces Coconut & Raspberry Dark Chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Handful Crushed Walnuts
- Prepare a small baking dish lined with greaseproof paper; pop to one side.
- Start with the base - pulse dates and almonds in a blender for 10 seconds.
- Add salt, vanilla and oats and continue to pulse until it forms a sticky mix.
- Pour into your baking tin, press down firmly and evenly and pop in the fridge.
- Now to make your middle- simply mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove your base from the fridge and pour middle layer on, ensuring its spread out evenly.
- Pop back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Now simply blend raspberries, chia seeds and sweetener for 10 seconds, until it forms a raspberry jam. Pour over the top of the middle layer and sprinkle with chopped chocolate and walnuts.
- Pop back in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
Remove, cut and serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Note: The bars will still be slightly ‘squidgy’ when you remove them from the fridge, this is how you want them.