Who doesn't love a sweet treat? These Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies are the perfect combination of sweetness from the white chocolate, but balanced with nuttiness from the ground almonds and nut butter, and the fruitiness of raspberry. The perfect tea time treat, and they are gluten free!
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes
- Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 11 Tablespoons just-boiled water (to mix with flaxseed)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk, such as oat, almond or coconut
- 125 grams Seed and Bean Raspberry and Vanilla White Chocolate Block (1 and 1⁄4 blocks)
- 1/2 cup almond, cashew or hazelnut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (I use rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups ground almonds (also known as almond flour)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C. Lightly grease and line a deep slice tin with baking paper.
- In a mug or small bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and just-boiled water. Place mixture in fridge while you prepare your blondies.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat plant-based milk over low heat. Once simmering, remove from heat and fold through broken Seed and Bean chocolate with a rubber spatula until melted through. Add nut butter and vanilla, and re-stir until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Add salt and ground almonds. Mix to combine.
- Remove flaxseed mix from fridge. This should now appear 'gluggy', much like an egg mix. Stir with a fork to re-combine and then add to chocolate mix. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Add dry flour mixture to wet chocolate mix. Fold until all ingredients are combined. Pour batter into your prepared tin.
- Bake 22 - 27 minutes, or until the edges have firmed up. Be careful not to overcook - an inserted cake skewer should appear with a cakey, not dry, mixture.
- Allow to cool in tin before transferring onto a wire lack. Once at room temperature, decorate as desired. Decorate with drizzled Seed & Bean chocolate and raspberries, if desired.