Your coffee break has just got a whole lot better! Get an extra caffeine kick with this Espresso Chocolate Ganache Pie from Hanna Ekelund (@the_veggienator).
Our Organic & Fairtrade Espresso Dark Chocolate makes for the ultimate coffee filled dessert. Using coconut milk, nut butter to bind the base, and our vegan dark chocolate, this delicious sweet treat is completely suitable for vegans making it ideal for everyone!
- 100g flour (I used 50/50 almond- and oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 4 tbsp liquid sweetener
- 100g Coffee Espresso Fine Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 60g full fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF. Grease and prepare a tart pan with a diameter of 18 cm / 7 inches.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the vanilla, nut butter, and liquid sweetener. Add the wet to the dry. Mix and knead together until you get a nice “dough”. It should be quite moist and not crumbly.
- Transfer the dough to the pan, and press and spread out evenly to all corners of the pan. Prick it all over with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- In a microwave safe bowl, put the chopped chocolate and coconut milk. On low effect heat the chocolate together with the coconut milk until the coconut milk has become translucent and the chocolate is more than less melted. Before stirring leave it for two to three minutes minutes, then stir/fold together until you get a nice thick chocolate ganache.
- Transfer the chocolate ganache to the tart pan and spread out. Let set in the fridge for at least 1 and a half hours.