Tea time treats to impress! T hese Lemon and Cardamom Chocolate Bundt Cakes are perfect to treat the whole family, and they are completely vegan so everyone can enjoy them!
- 1 scoop Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
- 40g Seed and Bean Lemon & Cardamom Organic Dark Chocolate
- 225g cooked beets
- 30g coconut sugar
- 30g cacao powder
- 25g buckwheat flour
- 25g coconut flour
- 10g flaxseed meal
- 80ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp juice of lemon
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 45g Seed and Bean Lemon & Cardamom Organic Dark Chocolate
- 1tsp Nutristrength Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Zest of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly oil a mini Bundt cake mould or muffin pan (6 cups).
- In a large bowl, mix the Nutristrength pea protein, coconut flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, flaxseed, baking powder and the salt. Set aside.
- Mix the beets, lemon juice, coconut milk in high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth batter.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour to the beet batter, then mix well.
- Add the wet beet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine. Measure out approximately equal amounts into each Bundt tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, remove from tins and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Using a double boiler, gently melt your chocolate with the coconut oil, stirring occasionally to combine. (Alternatively, microwave in a safe bowl for 30 second intervals, stirring each time)
- With a spoon, pour the chocolate on top of the mini Bundt cakes. Top with hemp seeds and fresh lemon zest. Let the chocolate set.
- Put into a freezer for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!