'Doughnut' worry! We have got all of your doughnut cravings covered with these yummy marbled Mandarin, Ginger and Chai Chocolate Doughnuts! A perfect treat, morning, noon or night, what more could you want?!
For Chocolate Mix:
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g Seed & Bean Mandarin & Ginger Dark Chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 17g buckwheat flour
- 15g ground almonds
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
For Chai Mix
- 64g unsalted butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1tbsp Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Powder
- 1 egg
- 55g buckwheat flour
- 1tsp plain flour
- 1tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C & grease your donut moulds
- For the Chocolate Mix; melt the chocolate & butter together using a ‘double boiler’ and set aside to cool. In a separate bowl beat the eggs & add the chocolate to the mix & mix well. Then add the vanilla extract, flours & cocoa powder & fold to combine.
- For the Chai Mix; beat your soft butter & sugar together until creamy, add your egg & vanilla extract & mix well. Then add the flour & Chai powder & mix until well combined (if necessary, add a dash of milk to loosen up the mix).
- Now spoon each of the mixtures alternately into the moulds & use a skewer to create a marble effect in the mixture.
- Bake your donuts for 15-20 minutes or until risen & slightly golden on top.
This recipe was created with Seed & Bean chocolate and Drink me Chai latte powder.
Drink me Chai is the UK's leading Chai Latte brand and is designed to allow you to make a cafe-style chai latte from the comfort of your own home! Not only does it make a delicious drink, Drink me Chai powders also are great ingredients in baking, so it's a match made in heaven when combined with Seed & Bean chocolate!