Is there any better way to show someone how much you love them than with chocolate? These no bake coconut and raspberry brownie cheesecakes are the perfect Valentines Day dessert - featuring a rich, fudgey chocolate brownie base topped with a silky smooth raspberry cheesecake layer, finished off with a drizzle of decadent coconut and raspberry dark chocolate - these bars make an extra special treat that is sure to impress your loved ones. Thank you so much to Yasmin
) for this recipe!
(makes 12 bars)
For the brownie base:
- 200g medjool dates
- 200g almonds
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- tbsp almond milk
For the cheesecake layer:
- 180g cashews
- 90g coconut cream (thick layer from canned coconut milk)
- 3 tbsps coconut milk (liquid from canned coconut milk)
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- tbsp lemon juice
- tsp vanilla extract
- 75g fresh or frozen raspberries
For the chocolate topping:
- 40g Coconut and Raspberry Dark Chocolate
- Place the cashews in a small bowl, pour over boiling water and set aside.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until fully combined.
- Remove the brownie mixture from the blender and transfer to a square baking tin. Press down in to an even, compact layer and place in the freezer to set whilst you make the cheesecake.
- Drain the cashews and place them in to the blender along with the remaining cheesecake ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the brownie base from the freezer and pour over the cheesecake mixture, spread evenly and return to the freezer for an hour.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly - this will make them easier to cut.
- Whilst the bars thaw, melt the chocolate in a small pan over a low heat.
- Once the bars have thawed slightly, cut in to 12 equal slices and drizzle a spoonful of melted chocolate over each.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!